Carter weighed in Sunday at 16lbs 12oz. Almost a pound since last month! It's no surprise either, with the way he eats lately. If there is food on the table, he wants to be eating it. He can eat almost anything (except lunch meat, honey, and nuts), other than food that is hard or needs to really be chewed - as he still doesn't have ANY teeth.
Carter has learned to wave, and will mostly do it on demand now. When we go out, he sure attracts a lot of attention between his cuteness (though I may be biased), jumping/bouncing, and new found skill of waving. I also think he may use the wave as his way to say "Ok, it's time to leave". We were at our new house for several hours the other night, and he was getting very tired and antsy - and he just started waving and waving.
He has also learned how to SCREAM - which is a lot of fun when we're out to eat or in other public places (luckily he hasn't done this in church yet!). The other day he was sitting in his high chair waiting for breakfast, and my back was turned to him, talking to Mike. Suddenly, I hear this LOUD SCREAM "Maaaa Maaaaa!" I turned around with this look of "Oh no, did my child really just SCREAM my name?!?" I still don't think the "Mama" part of it was intentional though - he will say mama, dada, baba, etc. but doesn't seem to correlate them to actual people/things yet.
I gave Carter his first "hair trim" on Sunday, to try to even out the mohawk a bit.
This is pre-hair trim:
But he got too tired and decided to take a nap half-way through...
11 Month Pictures at our new house:


This is pre-hair trim:
No comments:
Post a Comment