Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Carter!!!

Our little miracle is 1 year old today!!! 17lbs 2oz and 28 inches long (though official measurements will be taken at the dr. on Friday). What a year it has been and SO many changes!!! I gave Carter lots of extra snuggles today, as I wasn't able to snuggle, hold, or even meet him on his actual BIRTH day.

He is such a happy little boy who claps, signs "more", seems to understand the word "no", has LOTS of babbles, makes very funny noises with his hand in his mouth (thanks to Papa teaching him), is very interactive and plays "games" (like trying to escape: he crawls slow, turns around to see if I'm chasing him, then takes off crawling as fast as he can!). Carter is also very independent in that he likes to feed himself (solids - he would still rather someone hold his bottle for him). He eats just about anything...but LOVES when Grandma Rose (or anyone) feeds him ice cream. He stands along furniture and tries to climb up/on/into EVERYTHING. Carter attempts to walk, but generally moves too quickly and just falls forward. He is also very much a "mama's boy" if I'm anywhere in sight. Carter is also learning to play the piano. Okay, he loves to stand on his tip-toes to reach the keys...but he plays quite nicely! I think I have a future musician!


We started Carter's birthday with birthday pancakes (Carter got a bit of whipped cream on his, Joshua and Justin also got sprinkles!). Then we ran some errands and had lunch at McDonalds (this probably makes me a HORRIBLE mom...taking my child to McDonalds on his first birthday...but Carter enjoyed sharing Justin's chicken nuggets....and discovered that his voice echoed in there which really amused him!). Then we went swimming, got ready for/had his birthday dinner/cake, then more swimming! He should sleep soundly tonight!


Here are some pictures from our small birthday party today (even though his BIG party is on Sunday...we had to make sure he got a cake for today!):

Birthday Pancakes:


Opening a card from Great Grandma Mary:




Carter was eager to dig right in!


Last Sunday we went to the Sterling Renaissance Festival. Everyone had a GREAT time - though I was very worried Carter would sleep the entire 3 hours home, then be up all night. Luckily he fell asleep at 7:30pm....and STAYED asleep until 7:30am!

Carter, with his cousins Joshua, Katie, and Justin:

Watching the joust:








Justin, Joshua, & Katie on a camel ride:






Aunt Jen, Cousin Owen, Aunt Tammy, and Uncle Jon watching the Human Chess Match:
Papa, Carter, Daddy, & Grandma watching a show:
Pictures from Carter's Birthday Party:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.