Saturday, February 13, 2010

7 Months ~ Happy Valentine's Day!

Sorry...I've been really bad about updating Carter's blog!

Carter is 7 months old today, one day before Valentine's Day! I HAD to go out to buy some cute little Valentine's stuff for taking his pictures, but first, an update!

Over the past month, Carter has really been moving around a LOT (perhaps one reason it's harder for me to update this blog). He just rolls everywhere he wants to go, and is always reaching for and grabbing his toys.

Speaking of toys, Carter has a "toy bar" that goes across his carrier to keep him occupied while we are out. Well, you know how when you're in a store and touch something that makes noise (a toy, musical greeting card, etc.)...you just HAVE to push that button...you listen for a second, then wish it would turn off to stop drawing attention to yourself, or maybe look around as if someone else pushed the button (okay..maybe I'm the only one who does this...). Well...the frog on Carter's toy bar plays music...and I was definitely the one walking around Target today with everyone turning to see where the music was coming from. At least I have a cute baby to blame it on!

Back to the update...Carter occassionally gets his knees up under him for half a second, but his feet are ALWAYS moving, so when he does learn to crawl...LOOK OUT! He is also SO close to sitting up on his own. Last night, he sat up for about 25 seconds without being held at all, but that was because he was mesmerized by something. Usually he is too interested in grabbing a toy, and topples right over as soon as I let go. It won't be long though (and we got him to sit up pretty well for his pictures).

I returned to work 2 weeks ago (another reason I haven't updated the blog...as I want to spend ALL my free time with Carter now that there isn't much of it). I leave the house at 6am, Mike is home until almost 2pm, then Papa watches Carter until I get home around 5:30 (Mike gets back about 12:30am). It's working out pretty well so far, and Carter welcomes me home each day by spitting up all over me (Papa swears he doesn't spit up all day, until I come home).

Carter is also LOVING his "solids". So far he has had prunes, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, and peas. Tomorrow he gets apples (another thing I froze for him back in the fall), then peaches and bananas!

We also switched Carter to a pediatrician in Rochester. It was a tough decision, as we really liked his pediatrician, and I'm worried about his doctor being so far away if something IS wrong...but with my insurance only being good in Rochester we had to either switch, or go broke (and there's always the ER or urgent care in a real emergency). I've heard such good things about this doctor from friends at work, and his first appointment is this Thursday!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.