Today was Carter's appointment with the specialist to take a look at his 2 hemangiomas (one on his forehead, the other on the back of his neck). When he was first born it was just a light pink, flat spot on his forehead which has over time become bright red and now dark red and very puffy. I hardly notice it anymore, but I want it gone before he starts school. Yes, I can't believe I'm thinking that far in advance, but I have to for this sort of thing. According to my research only 30% go away on their own by age 5. I don't want Carter getting made fun of at school.
So, our appointment was at 11:25. We finally saw the doctor at about 12:40. UGH. At least Carter was happy, then sleeping the entire time. The doctor said that since it is now dark dark red, it may be done growing and getting ready to go away. So we will go back in 6 weeks. If it hasn't changed (started going away) - he will perform the laser treatment then. I guess it's just a little painful - feels like a rubberband snapping. OUCHIES. But they won't do any numbing because he said the needle to do so would hurt more than the procedure itself. If we notice it getting BIGGER before the 6 weeks is up, we can make an appointment to have it done sooner.
After the doctor we went to Shenanigans for lunch. Then Mike went to work and Carter and I did a little shopping at Babies R Us, Target, and Carter's. I got him a couple new outfits (Mike wanted one for him to wear this weekend), especially since he needs more long sleeved/long pants stuff, and he doesn't have much of that in newborn size. It was good to get out of the house for awhile!
Here are the last of his "September" pictures:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment