Sorry - there are no pictures to go with this blog entry...because the "nursery" is too dark!
I had heard about the Homedics SoundSpa Lullabye, which is a little machine that plays different sounds (heartbeat, ocean, rain, and 3 songs) and has 3 different light shows. I really doubted it's capabilities because Carter would NOT go to sleep without being held, much less lay in his crib without waking up crying. Well, we decided to use a gift card and purchase it. If it means the possibility of more sleep...I'm willing to spend $15!
The first few nights, Carter wasn't very interested. Not to mention the light show part broke (stopped rotating, so it was just a still picture shining on the ceiling) after the first hour or so. We returned it for a new one, and after being at my wits end trying to get him to sleep without being held all night - I put Carter in his crib swaddled and ALMOST asleep at 9:30 Tuesday night. He didn't seem to be watching the light show, but he laid there quietly. I asked my dad "What's your bet - will he start crying, or put himself to sleep?" Dad replied "Definitely start crying." For the next hour I waited while Carter made little sounds...and eventually...he was silent. 10:30pm - sleeping...ON HIS OWN!!! He slept until 4:30am. 6 hours...not bad.
Wednesday night we had a repeat. 9:30pm went in his crib, asleep about 10:30pm. Slept til about 4am. Thursday he ended up a little bit cranky (I think he just wanted to watch Grey's Anatomy with me)...so he didn't quite put himself to sleep...but when I laid him down already asleep, he stayed that way (til 3:45am). And alas, tonight, it took a couple of tries, but he again put himself to sleep around 10pm. We are finally starting to get a little routine going. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!
Just a quick reminder: Carter's Baptism is this Sunday after the 10am Mass (so about 11:15am) at St. Mary's in Lockport. You can get to it from Rt. 31...so it's really simple! We will be having a lunch reception at our/my parents' house immediately following. If you need any directions, let me know! Of course, if you are not feeling completely well, Carter asks that you come see him another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment