Unforunately, my brother's wedding is this weekend and EVERYTHING I've heard says not to take a preemie anywhere, especially around large groups of people for TWO MONTHS - but I cant miss the wedding. And absolutely no offense to anyone, because many of you have offered...but I will not leave my baby alone with ANYONE when he has just come home from the hospital.
So...I had to ask if they can keep Carter at the hospital until Sunday. It breaks my heart. I have to wait until tomorrow to talk to the doctor about it. I know either way it'll work out...I just feel like a horrible mom asking them to keep him there (or a horrible sister if I have to miss, or not fully participate in the wedding festivities). Of course, it doesn't help that the nurse looks at me like i'm absolutely insane asking to have him stay longer. *sigh*
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
But Mom...I Want to go Home!
When I got to the NICU this afternoon, the nurse started talking to me about bringing in the carseat for the carseat challenge. HOORAY!!! Sort of. Of course, then I ask how long after that til he goes home and basically he could come home ANY TIME. HOORAY AGAIN!!! But not really. I kept talking to Carter over the past two weeks about growing and learning to eat so he could come home...and he sure listened!! Even faster than we thought. He even kept smiling today as if to say "I'm so proud of myself! Aren't you proud mommy?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know how you feel about leaving him with someone even if they're family and you've known them all your life. That was one of the hardest things I did when we were up and Cassie wasn't even 4 months old for the wedding you watched her for us. Best of luck and I hope it works out!
ReplyDelete