Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thank You ~ Baby Shower

Today was a wonderful day! Carter was doing great and we had a short morning visit. I was able to kangaroo with him for an hour, but was not able to "fake feed" due to timing. I convinced Mike to change Carter's diaper. He wasn't too excited because the entire time I was kangarooing I kept commenting how Carter was passing gas or pooping. In the end Mike did a good job!

We then returned home for the baby shower. It was a bit strange having a baby shower but no longer being pregnant...yet not having baby home. It was so nice to have everyone there and we are very thankful for everyone's generosity! Carter has many books to add to his library, will be the best dressed baby in town and is off to a great start with what we will need to bring him home. When we returned to the hospital, I told Carter all about the party. An extra special thanks to my sis for all of her work planning the shower from games to favors, etc. and mom and Grandma Rose for helping her as well as dad for helping with the set-up. (Though I have to say, I told Jen when she was first talking dates for the shower to make sure it was early enough that I would have time to get things ready and finish shopping after the shower before Carter arrived - she assured me he would be late if anything....OOPS)



"Mom, is this a real baby?"

When we returned to the hospital, I was so excited when the nurse told me that she talked to the doctor and got permission for me to do another hour of kangaroo and "fake feed" tonight since I didn't get to this morning. She is by far my favorite NICU nurse! She always goes out of her way to do whatever she can for Carter/us without us asking.

Carter also gained a LOT of weight today (2 ounces!!!). This means he is getting closer and closer to moving from the incubator/isolette to an open crib. They have been turning down the temperature in the isolette because he has actually been getting TOO warm. He is definitely making progress at maintaining his temperature.


I better rest up, tomorrow is our first full day of visiting Carter as an "out patient".

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.