Saturday, July 18, 2009

On a Happier Note...

I'm going home today!!! Granted it will be hard to leave the hospital without my baby, and I'll be spending most of every day up here anyways - but atleast I won't be poked and prodded every 2 hours (and I'll get to be home for my baby shower!). The nurses this morning were so awful, and made it seem like I was inconveniencing them by asking for some water - but luckily the evening shift nurses were ones I had earlier in the week that were SUPER nice. In fact, the nurse's aid that wheeled me out to go home said "No, you can't leave, I like having you here!"

This morning Mike's mom and sister came to visit and we made it up in time for Carter's 9:30 feeding. At first I was worried because Carter's phototherapy/bili lights were still on - but it turns out that they just hadn't gone over his test results yet - Carter no longer needs the lights! This means he gets to open his eyes and look at the world. And he's SO much cuter with his big eyes looking at you!

We waited around all morning/afternoon to hear from a doctor about my discharge, and finally went back upstairs at 2pm for kangaroo care time. 5 minutes after we got to the NICU, the doctor had showed up and they called upstairs for me to come back to my room, but the NICU nurse said they would just have to wait! After kangaroo time we went downstairs and the doctor removed my staples and officially discharged me, but I was allowed to stay til 11:59pm if I wanted. So I stayed, cleaned up the room, rested for awhile, and ate some dinner.

Around 7:30 Edward & Angela came to visit and Mike came back as well. We went upstairs for a night visit. We were going to leave about 9pm, but then the NICU nurse was ready to start prepping Carter for his feeding, so we stayed. She weighed him, then Mike got to hold Carter while she changed his bedding (and put some cute blankets in instead of the boring regular hospital blankets). I then put a shirt on Carter. It was premie sized, but was still HUGE on him (especially the sleeves which I had to roll way up).






I'm home now, but will definitely be going back to the hospital tomorrow morning before my shower for kangaroo time, and then another visit after the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.