Carter had NOTHING left in his stomach before feeding time, which means he is digesting ALL of his food - AWESOME! The IV in his arm is out, and he is finished receivng antibiotics with the IV in his foot - the nurse said she was taking it out tonight - YAY! He is up to a full feed (33ml) and just needs to have the sucking/swallowing down in order to bottle/breastfeed. It seems like he will do VERY well with it, as he starts sucking on his pacifier as soon as his feeding (through a tube) begins, and he spit out the pacifier as SOON as the food was gone.
Tomorrow Carter is having a head ultrasound - routine for preemies to check for any bleeding around the brain. As long as the results are good - we should be able to increase the amount of time we can hold him. On Saturday they will check his bilirubens (cause jaundice when not properly taken care of by the liver) to determine if he still needs to "sunbathe".
I was supposed to be discharged tomorrow (though I asked to stay through Saturday since I'll just be coming back as much as possible anyways) but I was told tonight that my discharge was put on hold for the time being as some of my blood results aren't quite where they want them yet. As long as I'm home by 1pm on Sunday!
I was supposed to be discharged tomorrow (though I asked to stay through Saturday since I'll just be coming back as much as possible anyways) but I was told tonight that my discharge was put on hold for the time being as some of my blood results aren't quite where they want them yet. As long as I'm home by 1pm on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment