Carter is currently doing his carseat challenge. The nurse isn't too sure he'll pass on his first attempt, because she waited a little while after he ate and he's probably getting hungry again..which means getting fussy! To pass the challenge he has to stay in the carseat for an hour - without any respiratory or heartrate issues. He is SO incredibly tiny for the carseat right now and it was also suggested that an adult ride in the backseat with him for awhile - which I would anyways since I'm not driving yet.
Finally - later tonight Mike and I are doing our "overnight" with Carter! HOORAY! Before babies in the NICU go home, they suggest/offer for parents to spend a night in one of the suites where you will take on full care of the baby. So I'm going home to gather some things together - then Mike will meet me back at the hospital after work (he doesn't know it yet though!).
Check back later/tomorrow for details on our stay!
No comments:
Post a Comment