So finally this afternoon a nurse offered to see if one of the suites (they often use for parents and baby to test out a night together before going home) was open so I could go rest in there. It was, so for now I am allowed in here all of today and tomorrow. And let me tell you...my 2 hour nap was FANTASTIC!
We are up to 3 feedings a day now! Carter did a GREAT job again with today's 12pm feeding. We didn't give him ANYTHING through the tube because after breastfeeding and bottle feeding, he was still wide awake, but not interested in eating, so we figured he had enough. Well, he wouldn't fall asleep and became quite fussy awhile later - so i'm guessing he needed more food.
At the 3pm feeding he ate for about 10 minutes, but then became very uninterested so I gave him the bottle. He had about 30ml of the bottle (his total feeding is supposed to be 37) then he didn't want anymore, but this time he was SOUND asleep. Hopefully when I go back for his 9pm feeding they will tell me that he slept all the way until his 6pm feeding.
The nurse encouraged Mike and I to begin watching the 3 safety videos we have to see before taking Carter home. I'm taking that as a good sign! Sarah & Nate visited tonight and finally got to see Carter, then mom and my brother's soon-to-be mother in law visited and drove me home since. Mike had left early tonight to go to my brother's stag party for which he is now IN the wedding next weekend! Hmmm...we went from causing the bride stress that I would go into labor at their wedding, to having the baby early and being able to relieve other possible stress factors. I guess that's what sisters and brother-in-laws are for!
No comments:
Post a Comment