Today we met with a lactation specialist to get some tips on feeding since that is Carter's last hurdle to overcome. He's still being very lazy and waiting to be fed instead of working for it. We used a supplemental feeder today - which basically is like his feeding tube (but it only goes into his mouth, not stomach) - it works by using gravity, no sucking required. When I put my finger in his mouth he sucks like crazy...so we attached the tube to my finger, making him think that sucking=food. Let's pray for some improvement tomorrow on the real deal! At least he has no problem withe the whole "suck, breathe, swallow" routine!
According to the sheet we received as we entered the 2nd Floor Unit today, it is time to start really getting things in order for Carter to come home. We need to get/install our car seat (we have to actually bring the seat in a couple days prior to discharge so he can do the "carseat challenge"), and watch several safety videos. We picked up a few items at Babies R Us and Target that we will need before the homecoming.
Mike and I decided that tomorrow we will get to the hospital as early as possible (well...after he fills out some paperwork for the new job, so probably like 10) - but only stay until 6:30 so that we can get the rest of the nursery organized. I can't be tripping over things with a new baby! We have been at the hospital until almost 11pm every single night, so it makes me sad to miss out on some of this tomorrow, but once he's home there won't be time to do the stuff we need to. Not to mention, I need some sleep! Yes, I know..."Sleep? What is that?"....Dont worry, I'm already up every 2-3 hours...I just meant SOME sleep!
Mike and I decided that tomorrow we will get to the hospital as early as possible (well...after he fills out some paperwork for the new job, so probably like 10) - but only stay until 6:30 so that we can get the rest of the nursery organized. I can't be tripping over things with a new baby! We have been at the hospital until almost 11pm every single night, so it makes me sad to miss out on some of this tomorrow, but once he's home there won't be time to do the stuff we need to. Not to mention, I need some sleep! Yes, I know..."Sleep? What is that?"....Dont worry, I'm already up every 2-3 hours...I just meant SOME sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment